
It has been awhile since I have posted a blog. Lets just say that life has been very full. A LOT has happened in the last couple of weeks. To update you more on the earthquake relief information, I will post a blog soon, with a link to a letter that the community has written about how we hope to respond to the relief effort in the coming days and months.
Three weeks ago, we were pleasantly sent 6 lovely young ladies from the US, who are spending 4 months with us. They are really really fun and we have been having a sweet time getting to know them. Here is a picture of us all at the welcome dessert (including their host families). We had an ORGANIZATION day at the office. The ladies helped out! It looks amazing! I'll try and post a picture soon!
The days have been really really cold. OK, hats, scarves, gloves and mittens have become normal apparel to wear indoors. Lets just say insulation is minimal and we don't have heating. So, I have written a little song to the tune of "O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree", about one of my most favorite material items ever.
HOT WATER BOTTLE
O Water Bottle
O, Water Bottle, O, Water Bottle,
Your warmth within delight me.
O Water Bottle, O Water Bottle,
Your warmth within delight me.
It’s warm when winter days are cold;
Your warmth can keep away the mold.
O, Water Bottle, O Water Bottle,
Your warmth within delight me!
O Water Bottle, O Water Bottle,
You really are a treasure!
O Water Bottle, O Water Bottle,
You really are a treasure!
How oft at evenings tide, the cold.
O fuzzy cover, you are like gold!
O Water Bottle, O Water Bottle,
You really are a treasure!
A shout out goes to my dear sweet friend Ellie who is from England. She first introduced me to the WATER BOTTLE.
My love for the Water Bottle has become contagious. I'm thinking we could start a business and try and market them.
THE SUN
Alas. The sun came out for the first time today. I took a picture from our roof so I could remember it. I'm not sure when we will see it next. Thank you God for the sun!
2 comments:
this might be the best entry ever in the history of blogging. ever.
Sarah,
I am so excited to know about your blog. I read about it in your last letter. I love your song! It's wonderful to know that God is using you in Lima. I am jealous being stuck up here in Maine...
~Esther (Pier) Littlefield
Post a Comment