Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Things I'm Thankful For

The Things I'm Thankful For (in no particular order):

My Family, my blood family and my Peru family, and my family in other places
The Beauty of God's Creation
Minty tasting things (mint chip ice cream, mint hot chocolate, mint chocolate chips, mint m&m's, mint bark, mint tea, mint leaves...)
The man at the market that always yells "Hi!" no matter if I am two feet away or two blocks away, or already on the bus...
A wonderful home - an apartment where I feel safe and at home and can rest
All of the amazing people in my life who teach me to keep hoping with a hope that is way beyond me
The unending situations that I find myself in, where I ask, "How could I possibly be living this?!"
The "turbo" popsicle that Linsey just bought me to keep my throat all nice and cherry coated.
The sunsets that I get to watch from my roof. They light up my heart and strengthen my faith - to keep believing that there is a God.
The hugs and kisses - there are so many!!
All the incredible children in my life, that includes my nieces and nephews, that includes my neighbors, that includes my godson, that includes all the children we meet on the streets.
I am thankful for all of the people who pray and remember me and us (the WMF community here in Peru)
I am thankful for the hope and love of Christ and how it touches my life.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sarah. Watching sunsets on your roof is still one of the things I remember most from my visit to Peru.

Esther said...

Great post Sarah. We definitely have a lot to be thankful for.
~Esther