Dancing is an art form here in Peru. I don't really know how to dance their way, but I love to dance. Peruvians have dance in their blood - NO - I'm serious. Children begin dancing in the womb here. It is amazing! They come out tumbling and hip swinging and moving and jiving. It is incredible if you ask me.
So, I think I mentioned in a prior blog that we went dancing a few weeks ago. It was a blast! I think the last time we went dancing was 4 years ago! So, we celebrated David's and Jose's birthday. And I wore high heals - which I am not accustomed to doing - so I sat down a lot, but still had fun! Dancing is life giving! Keep Dancing Friends!
I have attached a couple of picks for you to get in on the pre-discoteca fun at Jose and Viviana's.
2 comments:
Hi Sari,
I have never seen the movie "Newsies" but will rent it soon. Yes, when Nana was around 6, she and her brother, chuck, were sent to live with an aunt who was busy bootlegging and not home most of the time. The kids were left to fend for themselves and so Chuck sold papers out on the street (I think he was about 8 or so). This was just before they went to live at the Children's Home. I definately will have to see the movie now. So good to keep hearing about Limaland. Keep writing Sari. Love, Aunt Sherise
Oops...my first time leaving a comment and I left it on the wrong entry....So, guess I just need to comment again...I loved your imagery of the babies dancing in the womb...that truly is amazing. You look
great in the pictures and like you are definately having a blast. Keep dancing, Sari. I love you,
aunt Sherise
Post a Comment