I have to admit, I thought that I would be able to do better at writing. Here I am 4 months later. But I guess it is better than not writing at all?
This list of events in the last months could be unending. We have had lots of visitors! Aaron Strumpel (check out his music on the music links) visited us and joined us in our dedication time for the NEW MINISTRY CENTER BUILDING. Check out pictures HERE. Then the Servant Team 2008 arrived! Another friend of the community, Paul Yoder made a visit and we had a lot of fun hanging out and showing him around. We had a great visit with one of our former staff members and my good friend, Tina Bevill! Then, Linsey (my roommate) had a visit from her friend Kendra and my Mom came to visit also! We had a full house - with many late nights and lots of good talks and coffee (thanks Mom :).
Jose Luis (staff) and Viviana had their little baby girl! She is beautiful! I'll try and post a picture of the fam. I'm an aunt again, and am proud!
God is moving among the youth and children. Our times out on the streets with our friends have been rich and filled with a lot of good conversations and times of prayers. We are seeing God's fruit grow these amazing young people and build them up. Today my friend J was baptized. When I saw him after the service, he radiated, beaming from ear to ear! Our God is truly faithful to take us out of the miry pit and to set us upon the rock. J has lived in the one of the main drug dens that many of the youth we know go to, to get their drugs, for several years. He now is living in a home that was recently opened to young people (who are older than 18 years old), who are leaving the streets. If you think of him, please pray for J!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment