I told you I would write soon.
This weeks marks one year of the passing of my Nana. It is hard to believe that one year has passed since her death. It doesn't seem like a day passes without me remembering or thinking about her. She was such a treasure and I am so blessed to have been her granddaughter.
When I was in the States I had a chance to visit her grave. After my time there, I wrote the following:
The dream of dreaming
was high in her mind
Wonder and splendor
Like a child watching & waiting for
The stars to fall
Creation & beauty
The grave of a
Woman that became
A hero in my life
Full of strength
Full of Love
Full of Charisma
Full of the life that one might dream of
...to appreciate the small things-
Her legacy to me is of many things.
I am filled with gratitude Lord -
For Nana in my life.
She dazzled and amazed
Me with her stories and
words- with her knowledge
and abilities - with her interests-
with her love for culture and other nations-
with her wonder for life.
These gifts will never leave me and the gift of LOVE remains embedded
in my heart.
Thank you Lord that she is dancing.
Tonight we will head out to the streets to spend time with our friends. Some of
us will stay at the church to pray for our friends who live on the streets and for
those that will be going out to spend time with them. It is a privilege and honor to know our friends and share in life with them. There is so much to learn!
No comments:
Post a Comment