Saturday, January 19, 2008

little miracles

Yipee for a New Year! Another year of blogging, that I promise will improve in frequency! So much has happened in the last month, it would be hard to begin to write about it. But something cool happened today. I was on the bus with (Sebas), one of my friends and co-workers and we were talking. When we were ready to get off the bus, I hear a voice that says, "Sarah". I look at the guy who all the while was standing on the bus watching and listening to us talk, and realized that it is one of the first friends that I met on the street when I came to Lima in 2000. Actually, he may be one of my first friends ever in Lima! I have not seen him or heard about him in years! I said, "K!" But then of course we had to get off the bus. He said that he would write me an email and that he had my email written down.

The amazing thing, is that I didn't even recognize K, because he didn't look anything like he did when he was on the streets...and of course he is 7 years older :) He is clean-cut and looked very well, smiley but a bit shy, like his usual self.

It is a thankful blessing to run into my friend K, after the last month of see numerous friends stumble back to street life and who are in the thick of a battle to stay off the streets. It is a little gift that makes me smile.

*For protection of his person, I have not enclosed "K's" full name.

1 comment:

amy said...

Hi Sarah,

Just a note to say that your little blog here is being read, and I was super excited to see your new entry. I hope that all is going well down there. I was also super excited to hear about the new ministry center! Praise the Lord for His provision! I don't know when I will get to come and see it, but hopefully before the year ends. I love you, friend! Tell all the other friends that I say Hi as well!